Wednesday, November 18, 2009

good life stuff

The weather in France in the Creuse has been a bit varied.On Sunday I was able to start turning over the soil in one of my veggie plots.I did about 10sq mts.That was enough for one day.Clearing weeds and getting the place ready for next season is good excercise, but can be hard work .
Since the then the weather has changed,rainy  days, so the earth is too wet to dig. For a change I went for a walk throught he local forests and tracks.It was a bit drizzly, but nothing too heavy,I am on the lookout for Fungi. Not that I know which ones to pick yet.I did find some that I recognised and one or two that might be edible.
I will have to speak to one of the locals, to see if what I am picking can be eaten.I came across one field which interested me.My first thought was, why have they cut the grass so short aroud the edge of the field, when the whole field; had recently been mown.
I then took a closer look and lo and behold there was fungi.   Odd little spots, different colours and shapes.I just wish I knew more about them.Whatever i pick, i can go to the local pharmacy and show them. They will tell me what is edible.
Today the weather has improved,nice and sunny and still mild for the tome of year, so definately a bit more digging.

No comments: